Sars efiling offers the facility to submit a variety of tax returns including VAT, PAYE, SDL, UIF, Income Tax, STC and Provisional Tax through the eFiling website.
REGISTER Sars efiling
How to register
As a registered taxpayer you can sign-up to use the SARS eFiling service which allows you not only to file a return, make payments to SARS or request a tax clearance certificate but also gives you access to many other benefits via an electronic platform.
To register as an eFiler visit the SARS eFiling website www.sarsefiling.co.za and click on REGISTER. It should only take you five to ten minutes to go through the six-step process.
Depending on your needs, you can register as an individual taxpayer, a Tax Practitioner or as an Organisation. SARS will recognise you as an electronic filer once your eFiling registration is complete.
Top Tip: For individuals the account is automatically activated, you don’t have to fax a summary of registration.
Upon registration, SARS will authenticate your registration profile. The outcome of this will be communicated as a status of your eFiling registration. The status of your registration will be sent to your email account or can be accessed on your eFiling profile.
The statuses can either be registration successful, registration rejected or awaiting supporting documents. If the status is not successful, the taxpayer cannot use eFiling and must respond based on the correspondence received. If the registration is rejected, the taxpayer / representative must visit the SARS branch office.
Information to assist you with Sars efiling
- Tax Season for Individuals
- Do I need to submit a return?
- What documents do I need for SARS tax return
- How long does it take for SARS to pay out a tax return
- What if I receive income from two sources?
- How do I upload supporting documents on Efiling?
- Sars efiling app
- How do I send SARS my tax return?
- I forgot my eFiling password
- How do I get a tax number from SARS?
- How to use SARS eFiling to File Income Tax Returns
- Sars Efiling deadline
SARS Efiling Online Services
Currently, the following services are available:
- Pay-As-You-Earn (EMP201 return)
- Skills Development Levy (included on the EMP201 and EMP501 return)
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (included on the EMP201 and EMP501 return)(Note: UIF filing is done separately via www.ufiling.gov.za)
- Value Added Tax (VAT201)
- Provisional Tax (IRP6)
- Secondary Tax on Companies (IT56)
- Personal Income Tax(ITR12)
- Trusts (IT12R)
- Advance Tax Ruling (ATR)
- Change of Personal Details (IT77/RFC)
- Additional Payments
- Request for Tax Clearance Certificate
- Request for Tax Directive
- Transfer Duty
- Stamp Duty
- Security Transfer Tax(STT)
- Tax Practitioner Registration
- VAT Vendor Search
- Notification Tool
- Tax Calculators
- Complete history of eFiling usage
- Customs payments
- Air Passenger Tax payments
SARS intends to expand the services offered through eFiling substantially as the service matures
Please note: Unemployment Insurance (UIF) filing is done separately on www.ufiling.gov.za .As with eFiling, you can submit your UIF declarations and pay your contributions through this free service.
Should you require assistance for uFiling, please contact the UIF call centre on 0860 345 464 or send an e-mail to email@example.com .For more information on UIF, visit the Department of Labour website on www.labour.gov.za.